Saturday, July 17, 2010

Weekend in the Park!

YAY!

I am so pleased to find out that I was juried into an upcoming festival organized by Wallingford Community Art Center. This will be the 8th year for the show, and there is typically an interesting assortment of talent. I am very excited to be accepted because I know that one can never assume how a jury process will go. I do know that the images submitted need to communicate enough to capture the attention of the jury members. When only 3 or 4 images are allowed, I always struggle with the decision of what to include. These are the images that I sent in with this particular application.




I chose images that show variety (earrings, necklaces and pin) and also suggest a loosely cohesive character to my work. Equally important, I chose images that were well focused and uncluttered. I find it a constant struggle to effectively photograph my work- the lighting, the focusing, the lighting and the lighting.......arghhhh! I have learned from past experience that good images may not only get you into the show, they may also get your work on the promotional postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment