Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday Shows

The holiday shows are underway. My inventory is distributed, and now I can focus on the special request orders that have been placed. This is my first year in the Woodmere Art Museum Holiday Gift Gallery.

Woodmere is a wonderful art museum located in Chestnut Hill. One of the gallery spaces has been transformed into a gift shop featuring handcrafted items with a focus on local artisans. Visiting Woodmere any time of the year is always a great way to spend part of your day. A bonus is the fact that Morris Arboretum is practically next door- a great way to spend the rest of your day.

The Main Line Art Center show opened last night with the Member's Preview. When I arrived to set up my items on Monday, I realized that the allotted space was smaller than I had anticipated. Gasp- it's an unexpected thrill to have to completely rethink your display in approximately 5 minutes.

Not what I had originally envisioned, but I fit everything into the display.
It was so inspiring to see everyone's work, and I feel fortunate to be included in this group of fellow artisnas.

Other locations where I have items:

Sweet Mable in Narberth, PA and Place Vendome in Summit, NJ

No comments:

Post a Comment