Sunday, May 24, 2015

Necklace of Summer

Part of my recycled copper stash has been on my workbench.
Years ago, I bought copper by the pound at one of the local metal recycling facilities.
I was surprised that I was allowed to look through the huge bins and gather what I wanted, so I grabbed as much as I could.
That was a great investment!
 
I had ideas for several necklaces and used one of recycled copper wire bundles to cut segments for links to be used in those necklaces.
Some of the links were simply hammered flat at each end and then drilled for connections.
Others were formed at each end with my favorite round nose pliers.
Some of the wire segments were shaped into clasps with one of my bail-forming clasps.
 
The first necklace included some blue agate beads that I've been itching to use.
The blue makes me think of cool water on a hot summer day which is good because we're due for our first heat wave of the season later this week.
Yikes....and it's not even summer.
Anyway...also included in the necklace are some of my new copper links and a new clasp, a faceted honey jade feature pendant, disc pearls and aquamarine.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment