Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Textured Copper Disc Earrings

A few weeks ago, I was on a texturing kick.
I had cut out a pile of copper discs, annealed them and then assembled a variety of 'good texturing stuff'.
Anything that I could pound with a hammer was put to use- steel stamps, brass texturing plates, fabrics, coins, plastic netting from the produce department, old screening, ribbon and other things that appeared promising. 
Using one of my steel bench blocks as my working base, I placed my annealed discs on the different texturing items and pounded away, imprinting a nice variety of textures onto the copper.
For these earrings, I drilled holes into the center ('centerish'- I rarely measure things) of the discs through which I threaded balled copper wire for my connections.
Dangling at the bottom are sterling wire-wrapped green pearls with hand cut brass bead caps that I textured with steel stamps.
My new, favorite design (for the time being).

No comments:

Post a Comment