Monday, March 25, 2013

Recent Work

I've been busy getting pieces of artwork ready for a show that I'll be hanging on May 1.
I committed to this showing last September, thinking that it would be the right motivation to make me paint.
Deadlines make me move.
Started and completed this weekend, 'Let My Sins Be All Forgiven', encaustic on board.
Started last week and still in progress, still unnamed, oil on canvas.
This makes me think of the movie 'Take Shelter', one of the few movies that I've seen recently and actually liked.
Started this afternoon, still lots of work to be done, no name, oil on canvas.
My favorite recent undertaking.....my first attempt at a pet portrait, oil on canvas.
There's still work to be done, but I think it captures some of the spirit of my son's wonderful Seeing Eye dog.
This one will not be for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment