Friday, May 3, 2013

Hanging of Paintings at Burlap & Bean

For years, I thought about trying to paint.
Around 1 1/2 years ago I finally decided enough of this thinking about trying....just do it!
I'm lucky to live close to three different art centers, each offering a nice variety of classes and workshops in different areas of artistic pursuits.
After checking out the various oil painting classes that were available, I signed up Portrait Painting Tradition with Geroganna Lenssen at Wayne Art Center.
I wasn't especially interested in doing portraits, but I was interested in learning from Georganna after seeing her work. 
Georganna is a fabulous teacher, and my fellow 'classmates' are lovely people with an abundance of talent.
 
My goal has always been to develop my painting skill so that it could hopefully become a source of income.
This week, I hung paintings for my first show.
For the month of May, I am the featured artist at Burlap & Bean in Newtown Square, PA.
 

 
Burlap & Bean is a wonderful, independent, family owned and operated coffeehouse.
Coffee beans are roasted onsite, and I think that they brew the best cup of coffee in the region.
The Burlap & Bean folk are also great supporters of local talent, offering their walls as gallery space and the shop as a comfortable, intimate venue for musicians on Thursday and Friday evenings.
 
Want to stop by?
Burlap & Bean is located at
The Shops at Springton Pointe
204 South Newtown Street Road (Route 252)
Newtown Square, PA
 
If you like coffee, you will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment