Thursday, October 17, 2013

Etched Brass Cuffs

Hot off my workbench....
brass cuffs that were etched with ferric chloride.
 
After the etching was complete, I neutralized the etchant and cleaned the cuffs with a brass brush.
I then heated the surfaces with my acetylene torch to get a darkened, oxidized finish.
A quick sanding with a fine grit block brought out the details of the etched pattern.
 
All ready for delivery to Woodmere Art Museum in a couple of weeks.
Inventory from a variety of local artists will be delivered to the museum beginning November 1 in preparation for the  November 9 opening of the Woodmere Holiday Store.
If you live in the area, it's a wonderful place to find to find unique, one-of-a-kind items.
After browsing the Holiday Store, you can then enjoy beautiful artwork.
 
I don't think holiday shopping gets any better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment