I love etching metal but often find it difficult to actually use the pieces of etched loveliness.
If I use it, it will be gone.
I know...it makes no sense.
I finally decided to do something with part of that lovely stockpile.
With my metal guillotine, I cut segments of different metals etched with different patterns, making what felt like my own strange form of currency.
I purposely varied the lengths and widths by a smidge because I'm not one to go for everything perfectly matched and logically coordinated.
That's just a bit too predictable for my liking.
My collection of etched segments were filed and sanded on all edges and corners.
Using a previously made bezel feature with a resin set image from an old Biology textbook as my pattern, I marked the drill hole locations which were drilled with my flex shaft and then cleaned up with a bur.
I mixed pieces of copper, brass and nickel and joined them with 16 gauge copper jump rings.
While I liked how everything was coming together, I thought it looked too clean and bright.
Out came my old can of liver of sulfur.
After soaking in a warm solution of liver of sulfur and a selective cleaning with a foam sanding block....
now it's done.