Friday, January 8, 2010

Favorite Earrings

I made some earrings recently that I am especially pleased with. I took copper discs and drilled top/bottom holes for jump ring connections. I also drilled smaller, random holes for textural interest. The discs were domed in my dapping block and then sanded for a matte finish.
I then took a piece of the sterling lamp base shown in my previous 'Rolling Mill' post and cut it into segments. Top holes were drilled and each piece was slightly curved in a dapping block.

The pieces were joined with sterling jump rings and hang from sterling earwires. I like the contrast of the metals and the relative simplicity of the design. I like them so much that I have been wearing a pair of these earrings every day a couple of weeks. I am that way- if I find something I like, I stick with it! Just ask my one son who was recently heard saying, "Do we really have to eat sauteed vegetables EVERY night?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment