Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Few Days Later

To be overly dramatic, this was the cliffhanger of my last post. I had this empty bezel on the beginnings of a pendant, and I was in search of inspiration. I kept drifting towards the idea of something vintage. I think that was due to the brass tissue box and the thought that it was such a grandmothery household item.
I went to my folder of vintage photos that I have collected from various flea markets and church sales and focused on this one. There is a handwritten note on the back of the photo dating this to 1912, and it appears to have documented a summertime family gathering. I scanned the photo and then redued it to an appropriate size.

Parts of the photo were cut out and attached to a page from one of my old dictionaries. On the left is a a transparency that I made from another old photo (a fun technique-maybe for another post).

Portions of the images were cut out to the size of my bezel.

The cutout was set into the bezel and sealed with resin. This is destined to be the feature pendant in a necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment