Monday, August 30, 2010

First Place

I went to one of my regular thrift store stops this afternoon, looking for something specific.

I did not find that specific thing but instead found this platter for $3.98 which will be cut up for components in future jewelry projects. I already have several similar platters in my supply box, but this one has a unique detail that made it irresistible.

I love this central engraving detail that suggests a story full of wonderful details. Stone Harbor is a shore community in south Jersey (that's New Jersey for those of you who do not live in my area). I was a kid myself when this Baby Parade took place (but not young enough to have been a participant).

The creative wheels are spinning, and I already have ideas of how 'Baby Parade' will be put to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment