Friday, January 17, 2014

Evolution of a Painting

This is what I saw in my garden when the weather was warm and my hostas were happy.
I liked the graceful arrangement of flowers on the stalk and thought...painting.

So, around 4 months after that thought, I finally got around to starting that painting.
I made some editorial decisions, choosing to delete one of the flowers on the stalk, add a flower on the right edge and alter the colors.
It never fails that as a painting evolves, I find that particular sections capture a magical atmosphere that leaves me happily satisfied.
Then there are the other parts that make me think, "Ewww...that does not look good" and I have no idea what to do to get myself to my happy place. 
And sometimes I just decide to say,
"Enough already...it's done."

No comments:

Post a Comment