Monday, January 20, 2014

Heartfelt

The copper hearts that were on my workbench back in December....
have become necklaces.
 
Using a Sharpie, I traced the outline of each of the textured copper hearts onto other pieces of metal, saw cutting out those hearts.
Each pair was riveted together using sterling wire or brass tube rivets.
 
 
As is typical with many of my pieces, I made sure that the 'back' of each pendant has something of interest to offer.
Sterling chain and wire wrapped gemstones complete the necklaces which have already been delivered to Woodmere Art Museum.
 
And....keeping the heart theme alive....
I've been wire wrapping Swarovski crystal hearts.
 
Wire wrapping these sweet, little crystals has proven to be a bit of a challenge since they don't appreciate the pressure that I need to apply to properly wrap the wire.
I broke a few hearts before successfully refining my technique.
 
I'm used to hearts that are not quite so fragile.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment