Friday, October 29, 2010

Chanticleer

I started my morning with the goal of photographing new jewelry pieces, but was frustrated with cloudy skies and poor lighting.

This is the only image that I found to be acceptable- a necklace of black coral sticks, yellow turquoise, faceted carnelian with bronze and brass spacers. I made this necklace last night with materials that I have had in my studio for several years. It's easy to fall in love with and favor the new gemstones that were recently purchased, so I forced myself to use some of my older stock. Other photography efforts were awful and fell victim to the delete button. With my morning plans somewhat derailed, I chose to visit Chanticleer before it closes for the season.

Chanticleer, French for rooster, is an absolute gem of a garden around a 20 minute drive from my home. I don't think I will ever tire of visiting Chanticleer.






If you are interested invisiting Chanticleer, hurry! The garden closes for the season on October 31 and will not open again until
March 31, 2011.

1 comment: