Thursday, January 1, 2015

Looking Back

Another year gone.
2014
...a year that I sometimes had to trudge through, focusing on getting through one day, one hour at a time.
Fortunately, it was also a year that I sometimes danced through, enjoying a few surprising, magical moments.
 
At the start of the New Year, I like to look back at my work from the previous 12 months.
When setting new goals for work, it helps to assess where I've been in order to understand where I should go.
 
My jewelry continues to evolve in a direction that keeps me exploring new ways to use familiar materials.
Being just one of the many, many, many designers who are making jewelry, developing and maintaining a unique voice is a constant struggle.
I still resist having a signature look, but like to believe that the body of work produced this past year tells a cohesive story that highlights my respect for the natural world.
Improving my soldering skills, using more sterling and finding new galleries are jewelry goals for the new year.
 
Last year's painting goals were somewhat realized.
I aimed to improve and to sell more pieces.
Painting with greater confidence, I sought out new display opportunities.
As a result of two solo shows, one joint show, and two juried shows, six of the above paintings as well as nine others, sold.
My goal for this year?
More painting, more confidence, more selling.
 
2015
...a year that I hope will be filled with happiness and creativity
for everyone.

4 comments:

  1. May you have a wonderful inspired new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Claire.....and you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I seem to be on the same path, Cynthia. I have been selling my copper and silver jewelry in local galleries and online for about ten years now and find myself inching away from it for whatever reason. I don't know why but I am both drawn and strangely resisting painting. With the closing of my best and favorite gallery and the over-saturated jewelry market, I have decided to pay more attention to the voice in my head and redevelop some watercolor and oil skills. I will be anxious to see where your own painting journey takes you and look forward to seeing new work! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn- It seems that many creative paths are filled with twists and turns as different outlets for expression are explored. So sorry to hear of the closing of your favorite gallery...so many have disappeared in recent years. Best wishes to you and your painting pursuits!

    ReplyDelete