Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Repurposed Brooch Necklace

Necklace number two
of my repurposed thrift store finds is now complete.
The red glass cabochon pendant used to be a brooch until I cut off the pin finding and filed and sanded surfaces until smooth.
I considered drilling new holes but opted to use the existing voids for my wire wrapped connections.
 
The chain was fabricated by wire wrapping crystals, pearls, textured brass beads and two vintage red glass beads along with segments of sterling silver chain.
Wire wrapped pearls and a crystal dangle from the bottom of the pendant.
 
I'm hoping that this will be one of the selected pieces
when I deliver new inventory to Woodmere Art Museum this week!

1 comment:

  1. it's beautiful! I like how you transformed the cabochon into a pendant.

    ReplyDelete