Monday, October 15, 2012

You Guessed It.....More Cuffs

My acetylene tank was just recently refilled, and I'm slightly obsessed with making fold formed cuffs.
I love that I can take a simple strip of copper and transform it using heat and a few tools.
Texturing the above, I used a dapping punch, a ball peen hammer, an old chisel and a center punch.
This one....another dapping punch and a decorative floating seed steel punch.
This one....the old chisel, a circle punch and a decorative star steel punch. 
I sometimes get on a production kick, making pieces because I want to keep exploring different, creative possibilities.
The thought of who, if anyone, might actually buy any of these pieces is something I concern myself with after the fact.
Lucky for me that these cuffs have captured the interest of more than a few people.
Whew...I can keep having fun exploring the possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. Love the textures on these....I agree, working on them is so fun!

    And addicting. ;)

    ReplyDelete